Trek Passions Forum








STEP 1) Click Into Any Category - STEP 2) Click NEW TOPIC - STEP 3) Post! It's that simple!
Members with accounts over 24 hours old are encouraged to click into the Introduction Area category to say hello!
Have fun!





Which Classic Sci-Fi Series Would You Like To See Rebooted?
Goto page 1, 2  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Trek Passions Forum index -> Sci-Fi Television
View previous topic :: View next topic  

2
2
33%
 33%  [ 2 ]
W
0%
 0%  [ W ]
1
16%
 16%  [ 1 ]
0
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
1
16%
 16%  [ 1 ]
L
0%
 0%  [ L ]
2
33%
 33%  [ 2 ]
0%
 0%  [ ]
0%
 0%  [ ]
0%
 0%  [ ]
0%
 0%  [ ]
0%
 0%  [ ]
0%
 0%  [ ]
0%
 0%  [ ]
Total Votes : 6

Author Message
scryer41




scryer41

Joined:
March 28, 2008
Posts: 361

PostPosted:     Post subject: Which Classic Sci-Fi Series Would You Like To See Rebooted?
Reply with quote
I'm old enough to remember such old great sci-fi shows as Land Of The Giants, Voyage To The Bottom Of The Sea, and The Invaders. I even remember a short lived comedy show called The Astronuts with Imma Jean Coca and Sid Ceaser.

I was just now thinking what it would be like if those shows were produced today. What do you think, folks? Out of the list above, which would you like to see rebooted in todays television?
Back to top

cooky37




cooky37

Joined:
July 1, 2006
Posts: 862

PostPosted:     Post subject:
Reply with quote
While it could be said that recent shows are remake of these old shows
Voyage to seaquest
Time Tunnel to Quantum leap
invaders to First Wave....
remember they did do a Lost in Space movie and it was the movie that kicked Titanic off the #1 box office if only for a week
Back to top

fringey




fringey

Joined:
April 4, 2006
Posts: 1353

PostPosted:     Post subject: Re: Which Classic Sci-Fi Series Would You Like To See Reboot
Reply with quote
scryer41 wrote:
I'm old enough to remember such old great sci-fi shows as Land Of The Giants, Voyage To The Bottom Of The Sea, and The Invaders. I even remember a short lived comedy show called The Astronuts with Imma Jean Coca and Sid Ceaser.

I was just now thinking what it would be like if those shows were produced today. What do you think, folks? Out of the list above, which would you like to see rebooted in todays television?


Funny how three of us have voted and we have each answered a different show. Laughing Lost In Space almost got a new series a couple of years ago, but it appears to have died while being born. There actually aren't any classic shows really that I want to see brought back. Partly because it can be done really well, or really badly. Battlestar Galactica and Doctor Who are brilliant in their new incarnations, even better than the originals. But, then you have shows like Night Stalker that are miserable failures. But, of the ones listed, Land of the Giants was my pick. I used to have a Land of the Giants lunch box! Shocked

Patrick
a.k.a. Fringey, The Fringe Element
"A life lived without passion is a life not lived."
Back to top

rayman




rayman

Joined:
March 14, 2006
Posts: 622

PostPosted:     Post subject:
Reply with quote
I remember something about a Lost in Space pilot done by the WB that was rejected by the suits, it must have been pretty bad. I have to go with Time Tunnel, you can't go wrong with action, adventure and trying to change history(even though the two scientists never could). Someone has the rights to Time Tunnel for a remake but that was two years ago. Also UFO would make a great HBO series, s--, aliens collecting organs, land sea and air vehicles. Just make the new ships/planes look cool, add some good actors/writers with some decent CGI and there you go.
Back to top

fringey




fringey

Joined:
April 4, 2006
Posts: 1353

PostPosted:     Post subject:
Reply with quote
rayman wrote:
I remember something about a Lost in Space pilot done by the WB that was rejected by the suits, it must have been pretty bad. I have to go with Time Tunnel, you can't go wrong with action, adventure and trying to change history(even though the two scientists never could). Someone has the rights to Time Tunnel for a remake but that was two years ago. Also UFO would make a great HBO series, s--, aliens collecting organs, land sea and air vehicles. Just make the new ships/planes look cool, add some good actors/writers with some decent CGI and there you go.


Let's not forget the sexy women in silver miniskirts with purple hair, too! Laughing Actually, U.F.O. IS one I would LOVE to see come back. I used to watch that religiously.

Patrick
a.k.a. Fringey, The Fringe Element
"A life lived without passion is a life not lived."
Back to top

scryer41




scryer41

Joined:
March 28, 2008
Posts: 361

PostPosted:     Post subject:
Reply with quote
I know that U.F.O. was a pretty good show. I always liked thinking that it was the prequel for Space 1999. Smile I mean... after the alien threat is removed, Moon Base Alpha is built. Then... BOOM... the Moon goes out of orbit.

Of course... that was just my own teenage viewpoint of sci-fi at the time. Anyway... Space 1999 could be redone too. Just call it Space 2099. Smile
Back to top


tstone
(deleted)









Posted:     Post subject:

Yeah, Space 1999, including a more plausible explanation for the moon visiting all these other civs besides slowly mucking along sublight.
Back to top

rayman




rayman

Joined:
March 14, 2006
Posts: 622

PostPosted:     Post subject:
Reply with quote
fringey wrote:
rayman wrote:
I remember something about a Lost in Space pilot done by the WB that was rejected by the suits, it must have been pretty bad. I have to go with Time Tunnel, you can't go wrong with action, adventure and trying to change history(even though the two scientists never could). Someone has the rights to Time Tunnel for a remake but that was two years ago. Also UFO would make a great HBO series, s--, aliens collecting organs, land sea and air vehicles. Just make the new ships/planes look cool, add some good actors/writers with some decent CGI and there you go.


Let's not forget the sexy women in silver miniskirts with purple hair, too! Laughing Actually, U.F.O. IS one I would LOVE to see come back. I used to watch that religiously.

Patrick
a.k.a. Fringey, The Fringe Element
"A life lived without passion is a life not lived."


Oh I don't think any guy can forget those silver miniskirts. Laughing Although they never did explain why they wear the purple hair and makeup on the moon but not when they went to Earth for a visit.
Back to top

rayman




rayman

Joined:
March 14, 2006
Posts: 622

PostPosted:     Post subject:
Reply with quote
I feel the motion picture "Journey To The Far Side Of The Sun" is more connected to Space: 1999, while UFO was a Thunderbirds clone with human actors.
Back to top

cooky37




cooky37

Joined:
July 1, 2006
Posts: 862

PostPosted:     Post subject:
Reply with quote
rayman wrote:
I feel the motion picture "Journey To The Far Side Of The Sun" is more connected to Space: 1999, while UFO was a Thunderbirds clone with human actors.

I think that is the same thing the creator said. he thought working with people would be easier till he heard those 3 little words "whats my motivation
Back to top

twincarb




twincarb

Joined:
March 23, 2006
Posts: 89

PostPosted:     Post subject:
Reply with quote
For me either u f o or 1999 scream remake but only if gerry anderson, their origional creator is onboard as a consultant, we all recall what a mess thunderbirds was, especally as i saw john frakes say sorry on a interview a few years ago

Back to top

fringey




fringey

Joined:
April 4, 2006
Posts: 1353

PostPosted:     Post subject:
Reply with quote
twincarb wrote:
For me either u f o or 1999 scream remake but only if gerry anderson, their origional creator is onboard as a consultant, we all recall what a mess thunderbirds was, especally as i saw john frakes say sorry on a interview a few years ago



And he should apologize. Aw, I will cut him some slack, really, cause it was aimed at kids, not old fogeys like me, but still.........


Patrick
a.k.a. Fringey, The Fringe Element
"A life lived without passion is a life not lived.
Back to top

scryer41




scryer41

Joined:
March 28, 2008
Posts: 361

PostPosted:     Post subject:
Reply with quote
I knew Thunderbirds The Movie would suck. I have this nack for telling a movie will be good or bad just by seeing the trailer they put out for it. When I saw the trailer for Thunderbirds, I said "Nope. Not gonna do" and didn't waste my money on it. Then I read the reviews and heard peoples comments on it and said to myself "Self... you were right again!"

Here's something I'd love to see them reboot. Back in the 80's they did the T.V. show War Of The Worlds. I thought it was ok for the sort of Sci Fi at the time, but I think now they can really do better stories. Yeah, I know. You'll all say "well, there's been shows like that." But they weren't War Of The Wars by H.G. Wells. It could be a long war with the martians before they finally end up dying from the bacteria they find here. After the first season, the human race would be hiding underground, as suggested in the book. Making garrillia attacks against the invading force. All the while, telling human interest stories and background stories of life before the invasion. Sort of like LOST. Then, by the seventh season (I think big) the bacteria finally takes it's toll and the martains die or retreat.

But that's not all! After a few years the martains have figured out how to resist our bactria and are on the way again. But we've gained a lot of information on the martians and their technology and it's time to take the war to them!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Beware the beast Man for he is the Devil's pawn.
Alone among God's primates, he kills for sport, or lust, or greed.
Yea, he will murder his brother to possess his brother's land.
Let him not breed in great numbers, for he will make a desert out of his home and yours.
Shun him. Drive him back into his jungle lair.
For he is the harbinger of death.

The Sacred Scrolls: 29th Scroll, 6th Verse
Back to top

fringey




fringey

Joined:
April 4, 2006
Posts: 1353

PostPosted:     Post subject:
Reply with quote
Scryer, I remember that sereis, and I thought War of the Worlds was excellent, especially in the second season. If they were to reboot it though< i would want them to get rid of the element that they could assume human appearance. That has been done to death. Otherwise, let it come!

Patrick
a.k.a. Fringey, The Fringe Element
"A life lived without passion is a life not lived.
Back to top

scryer41




scryer41

Joined:
March 28, 2008
Posts: 361

PostPosted:     Post subject:
Reply with quote
Yeah, that was done, I'm sure, for the purpose of saving money on FX. But with CGI these days, they really could do a great job. Man... I'd love to be a writer for that show if it was ever done! I'd keep to Well's ideas as much as possible.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Beware the beast Man for he is the Devil's pawn.
Alone among God's primates, he kills for sport, or lust, or greed.
Yea, he will murder his brother to possess his brother's land.
Let him not breed in great numbers, for he will make a desert out of his home and yours.
Shun him. Drive him back into his jungle lair.
For he is the harbinger of death.

The Sacred Scrolls: 29th Scroll, 6th Verse
Back to top

Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Trek Passions Forum index -> Sci-Fi Television All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

 


© phpBB Limited







  • Home | Your Account | Search

    | Contact | Advertise on this Site

    | Journalists, Bloggers & Press Inquiries

    | Online Dating Directory Webmasters

    | Affiliate Program

    | Passions Network : Free Dating, Chat & Social Networking

    | Terms | Privacy Policy

    © 2004 - 2019