Your favorite music
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Trek Passions Forum index -> Music
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
ninjabear




ninjabear

Joined: April 26, 2006
Posts: 546

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 10:33 pm    Post subject: bad rap Reply with quote

Thanks Fringey, because of you I just had a very, very wrong thought;
50-Cent calling a square dance---okay, and we're walking!

One of the best pieces of hard Jazz I've ever heard is the theme to The Naked Gun series, TV & movies but the best, belongs to what the woefully uninformed would call "a cartoon show".

Two words:

Cowboy Bebop


Back to top

fringey




fringey

Joined: April 4, 2006
Posts: 1353

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 3:55 am    Post subject: Re: bad rap Reply with quote

ninjabear wrote:
Thanks Fringey, because of you I just had a very, very wrong thought;
50-Cent calling a square dance---okay, and we're walking!

One of the best pieces of hard Jazz I've ever heard is the theme to The Naked Gun series, TV & movies but the best, belongs to what the woefully uninformed would call "a cartoon show".

Two words:

Cowboy Bebop




Cowboy Bebop rocks! AWESO)ME theme song too. I need to see this show unedited though.

Patrick
a.k.a. Fringey, The Fringe Element
"A life lived without passion is a life not lived.
Back to top

ninjabear




ninjabear

Joined: April 26, 2006
Posts: 546

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 1:23 am    Post subject: hail to the King, baby! Reply with quote

Cowboy Bebop is a masterpiece---what you can do if you really put your back into it.

Back to the TV theme song thing again, I've got another that literally rocks. Sure they didn't create one, so much as found an pre-existing song that fit the bill but it works flawlessly.
Personally I would not have chosen "A Little Less Conversation" for this Friday night NBC show, but I suppose "Viva Las Vegas" would have been too obvious---you just can't go wrong with the King.




Back to top

fringey




fringey

Joined: April 4, 2006
Posts: 1353

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 2:25 am    Post subject: Re: hail to the King, baby! Reply with quote

ninjabear wrote:
Cowboy Bebop is a masterpiece---what you can do if you really put your back into it.

Back to the TV theme song thing again, I've got another that literally rocks. Sure they didn't create one, so much as found an pre-existing song that fit the bill but it works flawlessly.
Personally I would not have chosen "A Little Less Conversation" for this Friday night NBC show, but I suppose "Viva Las Vegas" would have been too obvious---you just can't go wrong with the King.






I assume you are talking about the show Las Vegas? I've nver seen it myself. Buffy The Vampire Slayer had a kickass theme too.

Patrick
a.k.a. Fringey, The Fringe Element
"A life lived without passion is a life not lived.
Back to top

ninjabear




ninjabear

Joined: April 26, 2006
Posts: 546

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 9:46 pm    Post subject: Buffy music Reply with quote

Las Vegas is an okay show I suppose---but if they ever get rid of James Caan it would probably tank.

Buffy's theme music?
I'd have to hear it again.




Back to top

ninjabear




ninjabear

Joined: April 26, 2006
Posts: 546

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 12:07 am    Post subject: cool groove, lopez! Reply with quote

Okay, just found another TV theme song that rocks.
The George Lopez Show on ABC kicks it with "Lowrider" by War...too cool.




Back to top

fringey




fringey

Joined: April 4, 2006
Posts: 1353

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 12:15 am    Post subject: Re: cool groove, lopez! Reply with quote

ninjabear wrote:
Okay, just found another TV theme song that rocks.
The George Lopez Show on ABC kicks it with "Lowrider" by War...too cool.






That is a great song. It is on my iPod as a matter of fact. I shocked somebody recently because they heard a Motown song coming from my desk on my iPod. I told them, "Never be surprised. I could go from Motown to Marilyn Manson to the Beatles to Bauhaus." I realized the other day i actually have a band to represent every letter of the alphabet on there! Including X!

Patrick
a.k.a. Fringey, The Fringe Element
"A life lived without passion is a life not lived.
Back to top

ninjabear




ninjabear

Joined: April 26, 2006
Posts: 546

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 10:55 pm    Post subject: Domo origato, Mr. Atoz Reply with quote

Yeah, my collection goes from Herb Alpert to ZZ Top---a little bit of everything, but I never seem to be done gathering.
such, I suppose, is the nature of music.

Back to top

fringey




fringey

Joined: April 4, 2006
Posts: 1353

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 2:34 am    Post subject: Re: Domo origato, Mr. Atoz Reply with quote

ninjabear wrote:
Yeah, my collection goes from Herb Alpert to ZZ Top---a little bit of everything, but I never seem to be done gathering.
such, I suppose, is the nature of music.



Ain't it the truth? I was just listening to a little online radio tonight and ran across a Bad Company song I hadn't heard in years, and suddenly I realized I had NO Bad Company on my iPod. Guess what I have to search for now? Laughing

Patrick
a.k.a. Fringey, The Fringe Element
"A life lived without passion is a life not lived.
Back to top

tomstevo




tomstevo

Joined: August 23, 2009
Posts: 3

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2009 2:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

`Greetings all,

I'm new to this web site and i'm very happy to find a spot for music folk, I collect records and cd's and love just about every kind of music.

Right now i'm listning to monster magnet. but my collection ranges from a to 7 i'm always up for conversations about music.

right now my favorite bands to listen to are
ween, june of 44 and sharon jones.

keep the musical faith
tomstevo

Back to top

Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Trek Passions Forum index -> Music All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

 


© phpBB Limited







  • Home | Your Account | Search

    | Contact | Advertise on this Site

    | Journalists, Bloggers & Press Inquiries

    | Online Dating Directory Webmasters

    | Affiliate Program

    | Passions Network : Free Dating, Chat & Social Networking

    | Terms | Privacy Policy

    © 2004 - 2018