Trek Passions Forum








STEP 1) Click Into Any Category - STEP 2) Click NEW TOPIC - STEP 3) Post! It's that simple!
Members with accounts over 24 hours old are encouraged to click into the Introduction Area category to say hello!
Have fun!





52 & Civil War

 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Trek Passions Forum index -> Comic Books/Graphic Novels
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
fringey




fringey

Joined:
April 4, 2006
Posts: 1353

PostPosted:     Post subject: 52 & Civil War
Reply with quote
Has anyone been keeping up with these two events from Marvel and DC? Both are quite excellent from what I have read so far. Civil War is arguably the better of the two, but I am enjoying 52 thoroughly. DC is seemingly bringing out every character they own. There was even an appearance by Detective Chimp! I told my brother this and he asked, "Are they bringing back Angel & The Ape, too?" Laughing For those who aren't familiar with these, 52 is a weekly comic covering the year between the Inifinite Crisis series and One Year Later when Earth's biggest superheroes were MIA. Civil War is Marvel's universe re-defining event where the goverment has decided all super humans need to register their identities with a government agency and work for it after a major disaster happens due to some superhero activity. Of course, some of the super heroes are okay with this while others aren't. So, now there is literally civil war between these superheroes.

Patrick
a.k.a. Fringey, The Fringe Element
"A life lived without passion is a life not lived.
Back to top

fringey




fringey

Joined:
April 4, 2006
Posts: 1353

PostPosted:     Post subject:
Reply with quote
Okay. So I am up to about two weeks ago with Civil War and I am seeing the Marvel Universe just getting so frakked up. Thor is dead (someone explain to me how a god got killed? I missed that.), but Reed Richards clones him. And he turns around a kills Goliath in a major battle (the former Black Goliath, not Henry Pym. He is working with Reed Richards and helped clone Thor.) Public sentiment is turning more to the rebel heroes and the gov'mint has decided they need more help. So they are turning to the bad guys they have in their cells. How bad is it when the gov'mint has people like Green Goblin, Carrion, Venom, and Bullseye hunting folks like Captain America, Daredevil, Hercules, and Red Falcon??????? Please tell me someone else is reading this!!!!!

Patrick
a.k.a. Fringey, The Fringe Element
"A life lived without passion is a life not lived.
Back to top

drawsixbd




drawsixbd

Joined:
May 13, 2007
Posts: 2

PostPosted:     Post subject:
Reply with quote
Thor got killed during Ragnarok during Avengers Dissassembled but he might still be alive if that DB who picked up the hammer of Thor was really Donald Blake.

But the rebel heroes are getting their own bad *ss characters like the Punisher. And then there's the people lurking behind the scenese like the shadowy figure who met with Osborne and was Osborne really controlled when he shot the Atlanteen ambassador.

Back to top

fringey




fringey

Joined:
April 4, 2006
Posts: 1353

PostPosted:     Post subject:
Reply with quote
drawsixbd wrote:
Thor got killed during Ragnarok during Avengers Dissassembled but he might still be alive if that DB who picked up the hammer of Thor was really Donald Blake.

But the rebel heroes are getting their own bad *ss characters like the Punisher. And then there's the people lurking behind the scenese like the shadowy figure who met with Osborne and was Osborne really controlled when he shot the Atlanteen ambassador.



It's just too good. I just got ahold of Avengers Dissassembled, so I will check that out this week. :-)

Patrick
a.k.a. Fringey, The Fringe Element
"A life lived without passion is a life not lived.
Back to top

drawsixbd




drawsixbd

Joined:
May 13, 2007
Posts: 2

PostPosted:     Post subject:
Reply with quote
fringey wrote:
drawsixbd wrote:
Thor got killed during Ragnarok during Avengers Dissassembled but he might still be alive if that DB who picked up the hammer of Thor was really Donald Blake.

But the rebel heroes are getting their own bad *ss characters like the Punisher. And then there's the people lurking behind the scenese like the shadowy figure who met with Osborne and was Osborne really controlled when he shot the Atlanteen ambassador.



It's just too good. I just got ahold of Avengers Dissassembled, so I will check that out this week. Smile

Patrick
a.k.a. Fringey, The Fringe Element
"A life lived without passion is a life not lived.


Dissambled was good, well the four books of it I read...Avengers, Fantastic Four, Thor, and Captain America. I refuse to read Spider-man simply because the idea of him turning into a bug and organic web shooters rubs me the wrong way.

I think Frontline is the best Civil War companion book with the X-men tie-in being second. Cable and Deadpool also had an intresting tie in.

Back to top

fringey




fringey

Joined:
April 4, 2006
Posts: 1353

PostPosted:     Post subject:
Reply with quote
I am about a month behind on it so far, but the story has been fantastic so far. One of my favorite series tie ins is the Heroes for Hire. I am really liking that books and the artwork is fantastic. Deadpool was great, too.

Patrick
a.k.a. Fringey, The Fringe Element
"A life lived without passion is a life not lived.
Back to top

scryer41




scryer41

Joined:
March 28, 2008
Posts: 361

PostPosted:     Post subject:
Reply with quote
Hey Pat! Could you give me some info please? I'm only asking because I haven't bought any of the newer issues of late and can't really afford to.

1. Why is Spidey running around in Ironman armor?
2. Now that he has let his alter ego be known to the whole world, what's happening with that? Are they going to figure a way to re-hide him?
3. Will the Beyonder ever show up again and if so, will he be wearing a new set of clothing that doesn't look like that terrible 80's outfit he had on?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Across the Sands of Time, along the Shores of Life, the Traveler rides on. For he knows his journey ends in lovers meeting.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Beware the beast Man for he is the Devil's pawn.
Alone among God's primates, he kills for sport, or lust, or greed.
Yea, he will murder his brother to possess his brother's land.
Let him not breed in great numbers, for he will make a desert out of his home and yours.
Shun him. Drive him back into his jungle lair.
For he is the harbinger of death.

The Sacred Scrolls: 29th Scroll, 6th Verse

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Visit my website at www.angelfire.com/oh5/scryer41 to see my art, poems, short stories and photos.
Back to top

fringey




fringey

Joined:
April 4, 2006
Posts: 1353

PostPosted:     Post subject:
Reply with quote
scryer41 wrote:
Hey Pat! Could you give me some info please? I'm only asking because I haven't bought any of the newer issues of late and can't really afford to.

1. Why is Spidey running around in Ironman armor?
2. Now that he has let his alter ego be known to the whole world, what's happening with that? Are they going to figure a way to re-hide him?
3. Will the Beyonder ever show up again and if so, will he be wearing a new set of clothing that doesn't look like that terrible 80's outfit he had on?



1. Spidey has been working for Tony Stark who designed the costume/armor. But, that was changing with the last issue I read, so he may be going back to his old suit.

2. Dunno yet, but it looks like Spidey, Aunt May, and MJ are gonna be on the run from the US Govmint due to his unhappiness with the way the registration thing is going.

3. God, I hope we never see the Beyonder again, in any kind of costume! Laughing

Patrick
a.k.a. Fringey, The Fringe Element
"A life lived without passion is a life not lived.
Back to top

cooky37




cooky37

Joined:
July 1, 2006
Posts: 862

PostPosted:     Post subject:
Reply with quote
They Killed Capt America? WTF! is this some PC crap

Will someone shut that man up
NEVER!
Back to top

Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Trek Passions Forum index -> Comic Books/Graphic Novels All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

 


© phpBB Limited







  • Home | Your Account | Search

    | Contact | Advertise on this Site

    | Journalists, Bloggers & Press Inquiries

    | Online Dating Directory Webmasters

    | Affiliate Program

    | Passions Network : Free Dating, Chat & Social Networking

    | Terms | Privacy Policy

    © 2004 - 2021