Trek Passions Forum

NOTE: JULY 2019 - We recently re-activated the forum after (MANY) years of it being locked down. You will see a lot of old forum posts because this site has been up and active for over 10+ years. Feel free to begin posting again and even replying to old threads that seem interesting. Posts appear in the forum area and on your profile page and on the Community page, so posting in the Forum is a great way to let other members get to know you a little bit, and it definitely helps with visibility in the site. Have fun!

Books that are crying ouy to be turned into a movie.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Trek Passions Forum index -> Science Fiction Books
View previous topic :: View next topic  
twincarb

twincarb

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2007 3:19 pm    Post subject: Books that are crying ouy to be turned into a movie. Reply with quote

Hi all, here are a few to start things off.
The Spellsinger books by Alan Dean Foster, excellent sword and scorcery series with a twist of comedy thrown in.
The jedi academey trilogy by Kevin J Anderson, this keeps the star wars universe moving on

silverraven
(deleted)

Posted: Wed Sep 05, 2007 7:25 pm    Post subject:

Hmm, the best book I can think of is Dean Koontz's Lightning. It has a really interesting plot and several sci-fi elements to it that intrigued me. ( I'm not much of a fan of Koontz, but I did like that book) Other than that, I got nothing XD

godproject

godproject

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2008 11:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

`Enders game by Orson Scott Card. That book will change your life.

vispi

vispi

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2008 10:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

now than the technology allows i think someone should do movie based on ian m. banks culture universe. Consider Phlebas would make a good movie...

ecksraye

ecksraye

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2011 6:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well anything that Drew Karpyshyn writes is like reading a movie, they just need a hell of a director to bring his Darth Bane and Mass Effect books to life.

maryjoan

maryjoan

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2011 4:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

`I'm loving the Anita Blake vampire hunter books by Laurell.K.Hamilton.Granted they are very racy I think they would make a great series of movies or even a TV series.

wookiethx

wookiethx

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2011 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

`I think that movies very rarely do books justice (many great stories get brutalised when transmuted into screen plays: The golden Compass for example is a prime example). Personaly, I think that there are so many books that could be serialised with a high budjet production in to a tv series. I would love to see "Boy's LIfe" by Robert McCammon done that way and many more. :)

blofeld

blofeld

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2012 12:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

`Rendezvous with Rama.

calicosweet13

calicosweet13

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

`The Orphan chronicles the Torch of Malice

calicosweet13

calicosweet13

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

`The Orphan chronicles the Torch of Malice

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Trek Passions Forum index -> Science Fiction Books All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

© phpBB Limited

• Home | Your Account | Search

| Contact | Advertise on this Site

| Journalists, Bloggers & Press Inquiries

| Online Dating Directory Webmasters

| Affiliate Program

| Passions Network : Free Dating, Chat & Social Networking

| Terms | Privacy Policy

© 2004 - 2019