Trek Passions Forum








STEP 1) Click Into Any Category - STEP 2) Click NEW TOPIC - STEP 3) Post! It's that simple!
Members with accounts over 24 hours old are encouraged to click into the Introduction Area category to say hello!
Have fun!





Ladies of Sci-Fi Con

 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Trek Passions Forum index -> Convention Talk
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
rayman




rayman

Joined:
March 14, 2006
Posts: 622

PostPosted:     Post subject: Ladies of Sci-Fi Con
Reply with quote
I might as well plug where I'm going to be at, it's Vulkon Entertainment's Ladies of Sci-Fi May 18-20 2007 in Orlando, Florida. Guests included Torri Higginson (Stargate Atlantis), Claudia Christian (Babylon 5), Nicole de Boer (Deep Space Nine, The Dead Zone), more guests to be announced. The hotel is conveniently located near the airport, more information on their website http://www.vulkon.com/ see you there.



Back to top

fringey




fringey

Joined:
April 4, 2006
Posts: 1353

PostPosted:     Post subject: Re: Ladies of Sci-Fi Con
Reply with quote
rayman wrote:
I might as well plug where I'm going to be at, it's Vulkon Entertainment's Ladies of Sci-Fi May 18-20 2007 in Orlando, Florida. Guests included Torri Higginson (Stargate Atlantis), Claudia Christian (Babylon 5), Nicole de Boer (Deep Space Nine, The Dead Zone), more guests to be announced. The hotel is conveniently located near the airport, more information on their website http://www.vulkon.com/ see you there.





If I don't make All_Con this is definitely one to consider.

Patrick
a.k.a. Fringey, The Fringe Element
"A life lived without passion is a life not lived.
Back to top

rayman




rayman

Joined:
March 14, 2006
Posts: 622

PostPosted:     Post subject:
Reply with quote
I'm looking forward to it, especially now that we have a new hotel. The original hotel was starting to get boring, plus it was kind of small to accommodate convention goers.

Back to top

fringey




fringey

Joined:
April 4, 2006
Posts: 1353

PostPosted:     Post subject:
Reply with quote
rayman wrote:
I'm looking forward to it, especially now that we have a new hotel. The original hotel was starting to get boring, plus it was kind of small to accommodate convention goers.



All_con is looking more like a go for me at this point. I am excited, cause I have never been to Dallas and this looks like a "relaxacon". No dealing with thousands of fans, no having got go through tons of tracks of programming and pick out the panel I want to miss least, etc. I love Dragn Con, and wouldn't miss it, but it CAN get tiresome dealing with the crowded dealer and panel rooms, half hour waits on an elevator, etc. Hell, just getting through the hotel lobby itself can take a while! A small con DOES have it's advantages.

Patrick
a.k.a. Fringey, The Fringe Element
"A life lived without passion is a life not lived.
Back to top

rayman




rayman

Joined:
March 14, 2006
Posts: 622

PostPosted:     Post subject:
Reply with quote
fringey wrote:
rayman wrote:
I'm looking forward to it, especially now that we have a new hotel. The original hotel was starting to get boring, plus it was kind of small to accommodate convention goers.



All_con is looking more like a go for me at this point. I am excited, cause I have never been to Dallas and this looks like a "relaxacon". No dealing with thousands of fans, no having got go through tons of tracks of programming and pick out the panel I want to miss least, etc. I love Dragn Con, and wouldn't miss it, but it CAN get tiresome dealing with the crowded dealer and panel rooms, half hour waits on an elevator, etc. Hell, just getting through the hotel lobby itself can take a while! A small con DOES have it's advantages.

Patrick
a.k.a. Fringey, The Fringe Element
"A life lived without passion is a life not lived.


Vulkon isn't very big compared to the other guys like Mega-Con or Dragon-Con, but it does have some top-notch guests. I kind of like the small cons myself even though the admission prices are ridiculous nowadays, I guess they have to compete with the big boys. Another reason I heard was that managers for these actors were finding out that other actors were getting paid more for their appearances, so that kind of snowballed. It killed a few independent con organizations from making a profit and some just got out of the business.

Back to top

fringey




fringey

Joined:
April 4, 2006
Posts: 1353

PostPosted:     Post subject:
Reply with quote
rayman wrote:
fringey wrote:
rayman wrote:
I'm looking forward to it, especially now that we have a new hotel. The original hotel was starting to get boring, plus it was kind of small to accommodate convention goers.



All_con is looking more like a go for me at this point. I am excited, cause I have never been to Dallas and this looks like a "relaxacon". No dealing with thousands of fans, no having got go through tons of tracks of programming and pick out the panel I want to miss least, etc. I love Dragn Con, and wouldn't miss it, but it CAN get tiresome dealing with the crowded dealer and panel rooms, half hour waits on an elevator, etc. Hell, just getting through the hotel lobby itself can take a while! A small con DOES have it's advantages.

Patrick
a.k.a. Fringey, The Fringe Element
"A life lived without passion is a life not lived.


Vulkon isn't very big compared to the other guys like Mega-Con or Dragon-Con, but it does have some top-notch guests. I kind of like the small cons myself even though the admission prices are ridiculous nowadays, I guess they have to compete with the big boys. Another reason I heard was that managers for these actors were finding out that other actors were getting paid more for their appearances, so that kind of snowballed. It killed a few independent con organizations from making a profit and some just got out of the business.



All-con is amazingly cheap, just $25 for all three days. And that is both pre-paid and at the door. Of course, I will spend a couple hundred bucks in gas getting there, but it does give me a chance to give my new (to me) PT Cruiser a nice road workout.

Patrick
a.k.a. Fringey, The Fringe Element
"A life lived without passion is a life not lived.
Back to top

rayman




rayman

Joined:
March 14, 2006
Posts: 622

PostPosted:     Post subject:
Reply with quote
Admission is $20 a day at the door but that's not counting reserved seating, autographs from each person and if you want to attend the entire weekend. Those tickets cost $99.00 online, not counting expenses like food and something you see at the dealers room.lol

Back to top

fringey




fringey

Joined:
April 4, 2006
Posts: 1353

PostPosted:     Post subject:
Reply with quote
rayman wrote:
Admission is $20 a day at the door but that's not counting reserved seating, autographs from each person and if you want to attend the entire weekend. Those tickets cost $99.00 online, not counting expenses like food and something you see at the dealers room.lol



But that $99 price includes an autograph from each guest, right?

Patrick
a.k.a. Fringey, The Fringe Element
"A life lived without passion is a life not lived.
Back to top

rayman




rayman

Joined:
March 14, 2006
Posts: 622

PostPosted:     Post subject:
Reply with quote
fringey wrote:
rayman wrote:
Admission is $20 a day at the door but that's not counting reserved seating, autographs from each person and if you want to attend the entire weekend. Those tickets cost $99.00 online, not counting expenses like food and something you see at the dealers room.lol



But that $99 price includes an autograph from each guest, right?

Patrick
a.k.a. Fringey, The Fringe Element
"A life lived without passion is a life not lived.


That's right all autographs, but I'm sure if you want a second signature for something you have that's a separate charge.

Back to top

fringey




fringey

Joined:
April 4, 2006
Posts: 1353

PostPosted:     Post subject:
Reply with quote
rayman wrote:
fringey wrote:
rayman wrote:
Admission is $20 a day at the door but that's not counting reserved seating, autographs from each person and if you want to attend the entire weekend. Those tickets cost $99.00 online, not counting expenses like food and something you see at the dealers room.lol



But that $99 price includes an autograph from each guest, right?

Patrick
a.k.a. Fringey, The Fringe Element
"A life lived without passion is a life not lived.


That's right all autographs, but I'm sure if you want a second signature for something you have that's a separate charge.



That's actually an excellent deal with autographs going for $20-$30 each each anymore.

Patrick
a.k.a. Fringey, The Fringe Element
"A life lived without passion is a life not lived.
Back to top

rayman




rayman

Joined:
March 14, 2006
Posts: 622

PostPosted:     Post subject:
Reply with quote
Battlestar Galactica's Katee Sackoff (Starbuck) has been added as a guest.

Back to top

rayman




rayman

Joined:
March 14, 2006
Posts: 622

PostPosted:     Post subject:
Reply with quote
Well I attended this con and had a good time, the guests were great. Will post pictures later. Vulkon Entertainment puts together decent conventions so people should visit their website. http://www.vulkon.com/

Back to top

fringey




fringey

Joined:
April 4, 2006
Posts: 1353

PostPosted:     Post subject:
Reply with quote
rayman wrote:
Well I attended this con and had a good time, the guests were great. Will post pictures later. Vulkon Entertainment puts together decent conventions so people should visit their website. http://www.vulkon.com/



Glad you had a great time. Mine is next weekend. Which also has the added bonus of being my first road trip since I got the KISS Kruiser 6 months ago! Adventure Con, here I come!

Patrick
a.k.a. Fringey, The Fringe Element
"A life lived without passion is a life not lived.
Back to top

Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Trek Passions Forum index -> Convention Talk All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

 


© phpBB Limited







  • Home | Your Account | Search

    | Contact | Advertise on this Site

    | Journalists, Bloggers & Press Inquiries

    | Online Dating Directory Webmasters

    | Affiliate Program

    | Passions Network : Free Dating, Chat & Social Networking

    | Terms | Privacy Policy

    © 2004 - 2021